The Tree Re-Purposed.

We found the most beautiful Christmas tree ever this year.  I'm pretty sure I say that every year, but this year was different.  This year was the first time in a long time that we got to go and find one in our forest.  

We wanted our grand-daughter to experience the fun of finding a tree just like her mom has done in years past.  It was memory making and quality family time stuff.


We have no shortage of trees on our land and it is healthy for the forest to cull them.



We didn't have to look too far.  In fact, we found a beauty merely ten feet from our back door.



Our son chopped it down.


Trees have a way of looking smaller when they are tucked into the forest.  This one had to be cut top and bottom.  Even then it was a good eight or nine feet tall.  We all helped to decorate it and admired it for many days.  And then it was time for all the family to head back to their homes, to work and school.

We tucked all the decorations away until next year and my hubby stood the tree up outside in the snow and I got the idea to use it in a different way.  To re-purpose it for a time.

 I got some supplies together and got to work.




I did look up some ideas on the internet and this is what I came up with based on what I had on hand.









I made a bird feeder like this one for the toddler yard years ago.  We had so much fun filling and refilling it together.



I hope the birds come and partake of the feast I laid out for them.



Another way I hope to re-purpose our tree is by making tree cookies for the children to play with.



You can read more about how I made some in the past RIGHT HERE.

Happy New Year to you all.  Thanks to those who follow this little blog.
All the best this year and I hope you enjoy many new adventures and blessings!






No comments