More on Penguins

I realize that not everyone is into Felting so here are a few more simple ways to create fun play scapes for the Penguins.

For this one I used a blue scarf that I found at the thrift store.  It made me think of ocean and ice flows.  I laid that down first  and added some cut-out felt pieces that can be moved around.



My son recently received computer parts in the mail and along with the parts came some packaging.  So I used some of that for the penguins to play on.


Papa Penguin looks like the King of the Castle.


And here is a slippery slide for Mama Penguin to use.




Depending on the age of your children you could add in a mirror, some snow and a scarf.





Freezing water in different size containers would be awesome as well. Add in a little food color and the children could enjoy making their own ice sculptures for the Penguins.

Have fun!  Feel free to share your ideas in a comment!!

Some Penguin songs to sing.

Have You Ever Seen A Penguin? (Tune: Have You Ever Seen a Lassie?)

Have you ever seen a penguin? A penguin? A penguin?
Have you ever seen a penguin swim this way and that?
Swim this way and that way? And this way and that way?
Have you ever seen a penguin swim this way and that? (make swimming motions with arms)
. . . slide this way and that (make sliding motion with arms) . . . waddle this way and that (feet close together, tiny waddling steps) . . . flap this way and that (arms close to sides, flap little "wings")


Three little penguins 
Dressed in black
Waddle, waddle forward
Waddle right back
They stand on the ice and they look so neat
As they waddle along on their little flat feet


I'm a Little Penguin
(sung to tune of "I'm a Little teapot.")

I'm a little penguin black and white,
I waddle to the left and I waddle to the right.
I cannot fly but I can swim, 
So I waddle to the water and jump right in!





No comments