Needle-Felted Play Scape - for Penguins

I decided to needle felt a play scape for my Penguin family.  It didn't take very long as I used batting with a little white roving on the top.  Because the batting has not been combed like roving, the fibres are already somewhat intertwined and it takes very little needle work to get a firm piece of felt.


I used a pretty piece of silk for water on the play scape.


To make the little snow cave, I felted a seperate piece of batting and then attached it to the play scape by needling the edges securely.


Welcome, little Schleich  Penguin family.


I found a lovely scarf in different shades of blue that reminded me of ocean and ice.  I used that to place under the felted play scape for an added invitation.  Orca whales and seals live in the Antarctica also, so add them in if you have them.










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!! Wow love the simple shape !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Sasha! My grand-daughter has loved playing with it!

      Delete