I am a Sunflower


Someone recently posted a fun personality quiz  on FaceBook.  Fill in a few questions and find out what kind of flower you are.  Somehow I liked that I am a sunflower.  Have you taken the Myers-Briggs personality test?  It is a little more in depth and based on the work of Carl Jung, and mother/daughter team Katherine Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers.  Turns out that I am a Nurturer.  An ISFJ.
The description of a Nurturer resonated with me.  It was good to be reminded of my good qualities and strengths and also to see what things are challenging to my personality type.  I work in a field of work with people, people, people all day, everyday.  Little people and big people.  I've come to the conclusion that it REALLY matters who you work with.  Most times I can get along with most people.  I like to think that I work hard at that, trying to be self less and generous.  I like to encourage others and let team members know that they are doing well.  How ever there are times when I figure out (eventually) that there are some people that I just can't be around.  When the way they talk or behave impacts my value system or just hurts me regularly and consistently. It sure makes work more work when relationships are not compatible.  I've been thinking about this a lot lately.  I've come to  the point where I know a change has to happen.  What or how things will change remain to be seen.  
For now I will remember that I am a Sunflower.

No comments